Sunday, June 12, 2011

Will Rogers State Park, or using my crappy camera phone.









Today's blog post is brought to you by my crappy camera phone! I was hoping that the images would be a little more focused and interesting, but oh well!

Will Rogers park evokes so many memories for me... my sister and I went there as small children and it felt so large and wild to me. Last Sunday when I went, it seemed so closed, so constricted, so manicured -- much like how I used to be. Not wild at all. Still beautiful however.

There weren't very many images of my own I could post on here because they were *that* bad... but I promise to 1) never forget my camera/charge my batter every time and b) not regale you with overly crappy photos (although, I really don't think I'm that spectacular of a photographer).

As this is a work in progress, the definition of the kind of park I can post about will be a little loose. For instance, I recently went to Pacific Park in Santa Monica -- so that counts, right? (Photos coming soon.) At any rate, the above photos are the only two I felt were worth sharing. The sign, of course, which will from now on, be posted for every entry (if there is a sign to be posted) and the only interesting photo that came from the set of crappy camera phone shots. The ropes pictured above are Will Rogers' ACTUAL ropes! I snuck touching one --- so cool! I am not nearly as educated about Will Rogers as I'd like to be, but from what I understand, he was a pretty extraordinary person.

Anyway, lesson learned = bring real camera next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment