Saturday, June 11, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my adventure blog!

So, the purpose of this blog is simple. I've set out to see all the National Parks in the country. In my life, I have seen: The Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Arches, Sequoia/Kings Canyon, Joshua Tree, Redwoods and from what I can remember, Haleakala. I don't know how often this will be updated or how often I'll be able to go, but I hope that this will be a great place to catalog my attempts at photography in aforementioned, record thoughts and ideas regarding my experience with very beginners-level outdoorsy stuff and maybe be a link dump as far as other ideas and whatnot are concerned. I also hope that this space will serve as a place for me to catalog other visits to state parks, national reserves, national forests, city/county parks, nature hikes, and anything else I want basically, etc.

The idea for this came about while driving around in Joshua Tree a few weeks ago while visiting the park for the first time. During aforementioned drive, taking in the ethereal beauty of Joshua Tree a thought occurred to me ... "this is what I want to do for the rest of my life." Perhaps it was the pleasant company, or the newly found freedom I'd had from the last previous disastrous relationship in my life, or just the astounding scenery around me, but I was so moved and really, for the first time, felt the presence of something greater in the universe in the my surroundings. Coming on the heels of this "a-ha!" moment, I thought that this project, daunting as it seems, was something I'd like to dedicate my life to. Although I've been to quite a few parks before, in my project, I need to visit every single one again, this time with the project in mind in order to accomplish my goal. I know it's not new, original, thoughtful, or perhaps all that interesting to most people, but it's for me, and it's the first instance in my life that I am doing something absolutely and entirely for myself. It's about time!

What are conditions of the project then?

1) To post about it here with at least one photo.
2) Get a bumper sticker from the park and put it either on my car or in my sticker book.
3) To take as many photos as possible!
4) Take at least one nature walk while at the park.

So I hope to see you along my travels! I can't commit to updating x times a month, but what I can commit to is to at least check in more than once in a while to let you know how I'm doing on my journey.




No comments:

Post a Comment